View from the Royal Palace in Porto

Unkown Author


Inventory sheet

View of Carrancas Palace as temporary residence of the Portuguese royal family after its acquisition in 1862. The lithograph was published in Elogio Histórico do Senhor Rei D. Pedro V by the Marquis of Resende, published in Lisbon in 1867.
The representation of the main façade has some ornamental features added, such as the Cross of Christ, placed at the top of the pediment, and two eagles, at each end, alluding to the royal symbols. It is the only representation of the building as the Royal Palace of Porto.